The Center for Integrative Leadership is pleased to provide support to Common Grounds, a interdisciplinary student-led graduate student organization that applies the concept of integrative leadership to community challenges. Guided by the principle that complex problems require cross-sector collaboration, Common Grounds brings together graduate students from across the University of Minnesota to explore community issues; provide professional research and consultation services to community organizations; and practice and promote integrative leadership.
Common Grounds achieves its mission through three main activities:
- Community Consulting Projects: Members work together in small teams to address a community or organizational issue during the first eight weeks of the spring semester. Members serving as Team Leaders will source, scope, manage, and ultimately, deliver a high-quality solution to clients from the Twin Cities community.
- Integrative Leadership Seminars: Throughout the year, Common Grounds members host speakers, panels, and workshops with integrative leadership practitioners and leaders of local organizations spanning public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
- Networking Events: Graduate studies aren't always conducive to connecting students across UMN's many professional and graduate programs. Common Grounds hosts a variety of networking events to connect with graduate students across programs, as well as Common Grounds alumni, guest speakers, and community leaders.
Common Grounds is open to any graduate and professional student at the University of Minnesota. Currently five Schools are represented in Common Grounds membership:
- Carlson School of Management
- Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Law School
- Medical School
- School of Public Health
Interested in joining our team? Join the Common Grounds Steering Committee!
Common Grounds is currently recruiting any current part-time or full-time UMN graduate students to join its leadership team, the Steering Committee. Open positions include chairperson, vice chairperson, finance director, recruitment/partnerships director, marketing director, and principal consultants. Click here to learn more and apply - applications are due Friday, March 29.