Leading Across Sectors and Professions for Collective Impact
Maroon Digital Badge
Offered through the Graduate School in collaboration with the Center for Integrative Leadership, students and postdocs participated in one 2-hour interactive workshop focusing on cross-sector leadership to address complex societal issues.
The workshop will enable participants to:
- understand the value of cross-sector leadership as a strategy for addressing large-scale societal challenges.
- know the difference between isolated impact and collective impact.
- be familiar with factors and design features for successful cross-sector collaboration.
- understand attributes of successful cross sector leadership teams.
- practice a set of interpersonal skills and mindsets necessary to succeed in cross-sector collaborations.
To earn a digital badge, participants are required to write a 500-1000 word reflection paper evaluated by workshop facilitators with a grade of “satisfactory.”
Skills: leadership, partnership development, translating across sectors, problem redefinition and problem solving, critical thinking, working across difference